Add Fields to Contact Form in Latest PS

HowHard

Hey,

Sorry if it's answered but I cannot find it, I found this tutorial for customising the contact form which I'm fairly sure is for prestashop 1.5 - http://nemops.com/adding-new-fields-to-prestashop-contact-form/#.U-tSq_ldVu1

However I looked at it and all seemed pretty much the same so I tried anyway, however it did not work.

I am simply after adding a couple of extra text fields to the contact form on PrestaShop 1.6

Pretty please could somebody point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Howard

hey vekia, thanks for the reply!

I got to the end of Step 2 which at that point it says to do a test run and if all went smoothly, new values should appear in DB.

I did a test run and and everything went ok in terms of I still received email etc but the new field did not get entered into database :(

I basically stopped and reverted all the changes at that point because I knew it was an old tutorial.

:( so you don't know any way I could add in fields just to get name and telephone of person using contact form? :(

shocking PS doesn't come with a more customisable contact page really.

Thanks anyway, will see if my friend can help me and if so report back.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I just updated this threads as I have same problem.

I am also running PS 1.6 and looking to get additionnal fields in the contact form as well.
I also followed tutorial from Nemo which was really helpfull as I am really new in the PS community.

I received additionnal fields that I filled out on the Form going to the Database, however it does not go untill my back-office (or at least I do not see it). It also the same issue with email.
My test URL is http://dev-cfd.cfdesign.com.au/index.php?controller=contact

I would appreciate any help from anyone here.
Do not hesitate to comment.

Thank you very much.

Florian