Is anybody using videodesk 2.1 module with good results?

Thank you Paul, I talked to them today and they assured me that everything would be fine with the exemtion that it was not yet fully compatible with ps 1.6... (this is what they say when I asked why the module could not be configured (you can do this in their website..). The prob is that when I turned debug mode this module shows all over the place.. also on google page speed test, it decreases scoring by 3 points due to not being able to use compression...

Said all this, hope someone has some experience to share  (mine is just from one day..)

• 1 month later...

Thank you Paul, I talked to them today and they assured me that everything would be fine with the exemtion that it was not yet fully compatible with ps 1.6... (this is what they say when I asked why the module could not be configured (you can do this in their website..). The prob is that when I turned debug mode this module shows all over the place.. also on google page speed test, it decreases scoring by 3 points due to not being able to use compression...

Said all this, hope someone has some experience to share  (mine is just from one day..)

Dear Anthony DeLa Riviere, 

We are currently developing a 100% compatible module version. For the moment, you can already add the videodesk solution on your prestashop website 1.6.0.X version without the module...

No need to pay anything, you just have to create an account on the videodesk website. Once it's done, go to your videodesk back office, click on Settings then on Website and at the bottom of the page you will find the installation code part, copy the code. And paste it directly on your website file: footer.tpl in your FTP themes/prestashop/footer.tpl

You have now the videodesk interface on your website like if you are using the videodesk module.

I wish you a good day  ;)

Regards, 

Kevin from videodesk.

Hi!

You do not need to worry! 

I've been running with it for a while now and I recommend it heartily. 

To be in this phase, it works very well. 

Regarding the module that you can buy on PrestaShop, it is the same module that is completely free and you can download it on the Video Desk. 

When they release the finished module for PrestaShop 1.6.0.9 so it will work with PS full, which means you can take care of virtually everything inside from the PS. 
In the current situation, you automate a part inside from Video Desk website.

Regards

MacRoy
  • Like 1

Hi, allow me to understand why is that I was not able to install it. The code comes in text or html format. Which one should we use. Also, in which part of the footer.tpl file should we insert the code (inside of the body, right after...)? Could it be that I am using two languages in my site why videodesk is not working?

Thanks

Hello, 

Thank you MacRoy for all the help you provide :)

What we recommand to Anthony DeLa Riviere would be to wait for the fully compatible version. 

If you have any question more, do not hesitate to contact me directly on the videodesk website ;)

I wish a good day. 

See you soon on videodesk!

• Like 1