1.6.0.9 javascript

I have a problem with several modules with javascript since upgrading to 1.6.0.9. They worked in 1.6.0.8.

For example this enquiry module:

http://www.harlequininteractive.com/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=1

When I click "ask a question about this product" the form doesnt popup.

In webconsole it says "ReferenceError: $ is not defined"

I have javascript loaded in bottom of page.

Does somebody know the reason?

yes, the 'ask a question' module isn't very good.

you could tell prestashop to move .js files to top, advanced parms-->performance-->load java top

if that fixes this modules issue, it will 'significantly' hurt your visitors experience and seo ranking in keeping it top.

keep java bottom, for test just put to top to test that the module then works...

Thanks El Patron. Yes, it does work with javascript laoded on top. But on 1.6.0.8 I could use the "move javascript to then end" and it still work. As you pointed out I want to have javascript loaded last, for the reasons you said.

I also have exactly same problem with a another (paid) module from this site. Same errors.

My guess there is something wrong with javascript loading orders. But I really want to fix it.

The link above is from a 100% fresh install, so I'm quite lost.

Thanks El Patron. Yes, it does work with javascript laoded on top. But on 1.6.0.8 I could use the "move javascript to then end" and it still work. As you pointed out I want to have javascript loaded last, for the reasons you said.

I also have exactly same problem with a another (paid) module from this site. Same errors.

My guess there is something wrong with javascript loading orders. But I really want to fix it.

The link above is from a 100% fresh install, so I'm quite lost.

contact developer, make them fix it. :)

I do have module you can use, see signature, you then load javascript top from back office, then use javapro to load everything bottom except what needs to be loaded to top.

I will also be releasing a more eloquent .js controller, that will just load java top no matter ps settings. 

But we need to get developers to code properly for load bottom.  So stand up and rebel!