Free shipping on a minimum amount in one country only

Hello everyone,
we have a little problem with shipping costs that we are unable to resolve.

We want to offer free shipping on a minimum amount only in our country.

This is the situation:

• We want to ship worlwide;
  • We have 3 carriers, all of them applying shipping costs according to total weight. One of them is only for our country, which is isolated in a dedicated zone;
  • We can't create a fourth carrier for our country that ships starting from that minimum amount, because we can't set shipping rules for carriers according to product prices;
  • Because we have more carriers, we can't set "free shipping starting from…" in Shipping > Shipping; free shipping will be available worldwide because it's impossible to choose a zone or a country for which this option will be active.

Does anyone have a solution? We are using PS 1.5.6.1

thanks in advance

Daria

• 5 weeks later...

I'm going to resurrect this topic as I'm having the same problem. I'm offering free shipping over $35 within the US. I have set "35" in Carriers -> Preferences -> Free shipping starts at. It works great if an order is placed in the US. However, when I test an international shipping, it also shows free shipping at $35 and over. I can't have free shipping overseas and I need to find a way to fix that ASAP! Can anyone help, please?

Thanks for the link darialitchi. However, I decided to rise my prices a tad and offer a free shipping altogether. It's a lot less work that way! I really don't understand why Prestashop makes things so difficult for us, let alone offer some solutions for such a simple thing. I don't see a point of buying modules every time there's an issue. If PS took pride in their product in the first place, they would have worked on these issues long ago. But it seems like all they care is selling themes and modules to people. I even suspect they purposely create problems so people are forced to buy their modules.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I solved this issue by creating a new price rule. 

If the amount is over 100 €, and the country is Belgium, the price rule gives free shipping

Hello 

Yes it works and like this .

They don't show at once that it is free shipping, but when they choose carrier or country they give to them

free shipping only for the selecting carrier or country.

Thanks.

Giannis

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had the rule set up and theoretically it works but if you test changing Qty and loading and removing products, at times it will fail to apply the rule. 

The permanent solution would be for PrestaShop to add a country selection to the Shipping preferences to apply the "Free shipping starts at" accordingly.