Setting up a large webstore.

Hi there,

I'm asked to investigate the possibilities of a new webstore to replace our current store. We are a large mailorder company in the netherlands selling Apple products.

Prestashop looks very promising and we have a demo store working locally as i write this post. The current store is filled from a Filemaker database and refreshed every hour or so via a database dumb.

How can Prestashop do this? This autorefreshing 'feature' is important for our stock indications and product updates which change per hour/day. Is such a feature/module planned/available? I didn't find it...

The total import every time would be like 2000+ products updated every hour. I saw the manual import feature which accepts CSV files. I am hoping this can be automated. Ofcourse the new import should replace the existing products. But with an update query that can be worked out just fine i think. If our current method doesn't fit and another procedure is required that's not ruled out perse... in other words, suggestions are welcome!

I hope we can work out some things! And thanks in advance for any suggestions/helpful replies