Problems with images in category

When I upload a new image to a category in Prestashop 1.6, it does not fill the entire category size banner. Instead, the image remains a small square within the parameters of the rectangular category title., Where I write words that fill the entire space, but the image remains the size of a small box. Please tell me how to make the image fill the entire space! 

In my panel ta normal in all configurations of images.

Marcilio Farias

I think I've asked the same question and it went unanswered.   I also see about 70 people have looked at your question so obviously others have the same issue.  I think It is a glitch with the software.  On category pages, you would like to have a nice rectangular banner at the top, but when showing multiple categories, it's little squares.  There is no way it can be resized to do both.  I think there needs to be an option for category banners and category icons.

In my case the problem was that the image didn't had the correct dimensions. You have to upload an image with the dimensions specified in "Preferences->Images", category_default (870x217). Prestashop doesn't resize your image.