.htaccess error 500

Hello,

I'm using Prestashop 1.5.4.1 with multistore option enable. When I went to SEO/url to change options and recreate .htaccess this last is created well but I only have the homepage on my main shop that working well. All other pages are breaking down with error 500.

I have noticed that the .htaccess code for images is duplicated...

I don't know how can I solve the problem.

Where can i find the code that create the .htaccess ?

you need to obtain the underlying error either from your hosting php error log or by turning on PrestaShop debug to display error on your screen

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

once you have this information spend some time searching  for the error and possible resolution.

I got no error from Prestashop directly and all the backoffice is usable.

But... I got 2 errors in the server log when I made tests

1) "Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace." on my ip.

2) "Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden:" on visitor ip which I tried to solve with "Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" but it  doesn't working... 

In .htaccess created by Prestashop, section "image" which start with "# Images" and "# AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox" are duplicated. When I delete the first section, it solve the error 500. But if a recreate the file with Prestashop it's working well... 

I have already work with this version of Prestashop and multi store but it's the first time I have this behavior.

Edited by promod (see edit history)

Yes thanks you, but LimitInternalRecursion is reached thus there is a problem with .htacess. LimitInternalRecursion is not the problem but the consequence of the bad .htaccess intructions.

For the moment I made chmod -R 655 on .htaccess to avoid bad updates by Prestashop.