Colour option in Categories causing issues with module -- how to disable?

I've upgraded to 1.6.0.9 using the default theame. This has been causing me a lot of problems with one of my essential modules.

It finally clicked what the problem is -- on the category page if the product has any attributes set to colour it displays them under the product. The module I'm using employs the colour attribute option so this is causing a conflict and a bunch of images appearing under my products in the category page.

So first question is before I start hacking away looking for a way to disable this by editing code is there some check box somewhere in the backoffice that disables this feature that I just haven't been able to find?

Assuming no to above does anyone know what I need lines I need to remove to disable this feature? I'm going to start working on in about an hour and I don't imagine it will be hard to find but if someone happens to know it could save me time.

Solved thanks to module developer

Solution should this be of interest to anyone else..

Edit product-list.tpl and search for {$product.color_list} -- it is line 157 for me. You'll see an if statement starting the line above it and ending the line below -- remove or comment out the entire if statement.

This is the code you need to deactivate.

{if isset($product.color_list)}
<div class="color-list-container">{$product.color_list}</div>
{/if}