Edit/Add Category 1.6.0.8 is messed up

Using 1.6.0.8 and I try to edit a category or add a category the CSS looks messed up and the Parent Category Collapse all/Expand all doesn't show any other categories to put it in so I can only put categories in the Home category.

I'm getting this error when I turn on error reporting:

Notice on line 96 in file /home/www/griffineffects.com/store/classes/helper/HelperForm.php
[8] Undefined index: tree

Tried replacing the HelperForm.php with the Github version and that didn't work.

post-346074-0-61474400-1407048897_thumb.jpg

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

vekia, on 03 Aug 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

if you open that page do you see some errors (404) related to css files in browser console?

ReferenceError: searchCategory is not defined
Line 1026

I replaced the prefix of my admin folder above with X's as I wasn't sure if it was cool to post that online.
Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have exact same problem for about a month or longer. It was a moment right after previous update (to 1.6.08?) when categories form became normal, but next time i checked it was broken again. New update made nothing with that. It seems that some css and js files are not included but what and where? I've put 

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/admin-categories-tree.js"> 

instead of

<script type="text/javascript"> 

in to the form_category.tpl and ReferenceError: searchCategory is not defined disapeared, but nothing else changed. 

• 5 months later...