Hi,

I am using prestashop 1.6 in my xampp when i go to localization > translation > type of translation-> installed module translation

I get this warning

-------------------------------------------

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form
1000 for max_input_vars.
Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to 2166 at least, or you will have to edit the translation files.

-----------------------------------------

i chanded php.ini file max_input_vars=3000 and after that i restart xampp but still it shows same warning

Hi,

I am using prestashop 1.6 in my xampp when i go to localization > translation > type of translation-> installed module translation

I get this warning

-------------------------------------------

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form

1000 for max_input_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to 2166 at least, or you will have to edit the translation files.

-----------------------------------------

i chanded php.ini file max_input_vars=3000 and after that i restart xampp but still it shows same warning

there are several possibilities to fix it,

in fact you mentioned that you use xampp

do you know that xampp has got 3 php.ini files? change this entry in each of them!

• Like 1

there are several possibilities to fix it,

in fact you mentioned that you use xampp

do you know that xampp has got 3 php.ini files? change this entry in each of them!

Hi Vekia,

I changed all the three files( php.in, php.in-development, php.in- production) now warning is like :-

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form 1000 for max_input_vars.Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to 5005 at least, or you will have to edit the translation files.

-----------------------------------------------------

now limit exceed to 5005

• 2 months later...

Hello, sorry for my bad english. 
I had the same problem and after changing the php.ini file in the root, still the same message. I found this tutorial in Portuguese that solved my issue.

thanks for sharing, working with php.ini can be frustrating to know if change actually is being reflected at runtime.  use this free module to view your phpinfo as seen by PrestaShop.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/278164-free-module-display-php-environment-phpinfo-back-office/

Hello - I have this problem as well and am encountering another problem when editing my .htaccess.

After adding the suggested line "php_value max_input_vars 3000" to .htaccess under the store's root directory I begin receiving an internal server error 500.

I have added this at the very beginning of the file, the very end, and in numerous positions in between - all failing with the same symptom.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. 

Hello - I have this problem as well and am encountering another problem when editing my .htaccess.

After adding the suggested line "php_value max_input_vars 3000" to .htaccess under the store's root directory I begin receiving an internal server error 500.

I have added this at the very beginning of the file, the very end, and in numerous positions in between - all failing with the same symptom.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. 

what about .php ini file ? have you got possibility to alter php environment settings in php.ini file?

you see internal 500 because you probably haven't got possibility to define such commands in .htaccess file.

what about .php ini file ? have you got possibility to alter php environment settings in php.ini file?

you see internal 500 because you probably haven't got possibility to define such commands in .htaccess file.

Vekia,

Thank you for your reply.  This makes sense.  I do not know where I would edit the php.ini file.  I am hosted on cPanel with a hosting reseller package - so I have most, but not entire control of the environment.  I am not even sure yet if I will be able to edit the php instance at that level  I am not well experienced at this depth yet (but learning more every day).  I recognize my trouble here is getting outside the scope of the Prestashop forum, however, so I will not cloud up this thread with troubleshooting that is off-topic.  I will take the info you've given me here and try to figure out what direction to head.  I will start by contacting my provider. 

Thank you again for your help!

EDIT::  I talked to my provider and they pointed me to some procedures on editing the php configuration.  My problem is solved thanks to you pointing me in the right direction.  Thank you!!

Edited by dakeweb (see edit history)

• 2 months later...