which notice of license have to be included in my modele or theme ?

cizario

Hi everybody;

i'm planing to sell my modules and themes in prestashop addons store; and i'm asking which "notice of license" have to be included at the top of each file (php; tpl; js ...) ? and if possible could you please give me an overview of licenses used by modules and themes in addons store ?

i pay a lot of attention for coding standards; clean and well documented works; and i want to stay closely as much as possible to prestashop mind to avoid any eventual reject. 

i'm aware of both pretsashop STANDARD modules and theme are licensed under AFL 3.0 and prestashop itself is under OSL 3.0 termes

i have noted that some commercial modules and themes prefere the OSL 3.0 license over other onces such as MIT, GPL ...; some other just keep the same prestashop notice license as it is with no any change even the contact mail !!! and if i need any support they point me to prestashop support not to their own support which is absurd ! this kind of devs don't care about their image or credibility against their customers, others make their own license or even they "forgot" to put license : just code ; no comments ; no changelog ... i know; the prestashop addons team has to validate every module and theme before it acn be posted in store for sell and a such cases are systimatically filtered.

so to summarize; if anyone advise me the OSL 3.0 which mostly i'm going to use as my main license for my code; which changes do i have to make to this standard notice of license (used also by magento and many other opensource solutions OSS)

/*
* 2007-2014 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
*  @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
*  @copyright  2007-2014 PrestaShop SA
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php  Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*/

i appreciate any insights and clarifications

Hello bxblue,

Those two licenses are two open-source licenses, which (if you use one of these) will mean that your module is open-source too, and will allow anyone to sell and distribute your module without your authorization. 

You just have to declare that your module is your own creation, that it is protected, and that you forbid any other commercial use that PrestaShop Addons :)

Have a nice day!