paypal problems - will pay for help

In the previous version of PS everthing was fine... testing with the sandbox!

Now with the newest version, user goes to paypal site, pays, comes back... and the cart is still full and the order is not processed! Paypal charges the correct amount.

I changed nothing from my previous configuration!

Any know issues? Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you and Regards.

I (hope) had the same situation. There are many possibilities. Folder permissions?! Maybe a problem that paypal had itself and so on.
In my case I made with the new installation some more changes so I am not shure what really went wrong. The first thing which might be problematic is if when you accept customers currency instead of the shop default currency. I had to forbid that to make my module work. But I can not swear if in my case the problem was somewhere else.
Second I installed an SSL certificate. I disabled this now to see what is happening.
Problem with all of this, no logging by prestashop what is going on so really hard to find the problem. In my case I made lot's of testorders and tested paypal in sandbox mode and let my brother do a test order - No problem, but than the next day I gor order confirmation from paypal but no valid order in the backend.
So I reinstalled the thing today again, did a couple of test orders again and I pray it is ok now.
My hope was Paul's work also because as far as I read it has better error handling or gives better feedback if there is misconfiguration but I tried to install it on 1.2.5 without success.
Wish you good luck, trip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm still stuck with this!

Problem is... when the user returns from paypal, there's no $id_order in order-confirmation.php

The function Order::getOrderByCartId returns null, and in fact there's no record on the DB.

Does anyone else have this problem? I realy cant figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...