How to incorporate Canadian Taxes into Prestashop

I've seen a few posts regarding taxes in Canada for online goods, and I'd like to throw in my 2 cents for a solution.

1.) Set up a Zone for Canada under 'Shipping', make sure you checkmark 'has states'

2.) Set up states for all provinces and territories. On each state (now a province), associate with the zone 'Canada' and make sure that the tax behavior is set to 'state tax'.

3.) After you have made all the provinces and territories, go to the 'payment' -> 'taxes' tab, and add the rates for your province that you will be distributing from, and all the other provinces.

i.e. for Ontario, I would call the first rate PST AND GST (One rate), give it a value of 13%, select the 'Canada' Zone, and select the 'Ontario' state. Now all orders from the province of Ontario will have 13% added.

In total, I would make three rates. The first being my own province, where I must remit GST and PST, the combined HST for the maritimes, and GST for all other provinces (since I would only have to take care of the GST for the rest of the provinces, and leave it up to the customer to remit it's own provincial sales tax).

tax 1: GST and PST rate: 13% (Ontario)
tax 2: HST 13% (Maritimes)
tax 3: GST 5% (All other provinces and territories)

• 1 month later...
I've seen a few posts regarding taxes in Canada for online goods, and I'd like to throw in my 2 cents for a solution.

In total, I would make three rates. The first being my own province, where I must remit GST and PST, the combined HST for the maritimes, and GST for all other provinces (since I would only have to take care of the GST for the rest of the provinces, and leave it up to the customer to remit it's own provincial sales tax).

tax 1: GST and PST rate: 13% (Ontario)
tax 2: HST 13% (Maritimes)
tax 3: GST 5% (All other provinces and territories)

Do you mind to tell me how to set it up to charge the taxes only on the delivery address, not based on the billing address?

• 8 months later...

For reference, here is the applicable GST/HST documentation:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/gp/rc4022/rc4022-e.html#P1332_117447

This is for tax on goods. For shipping, I do not have a reference number yet but was told that the tax applies the same way (based on delivery location).

Prestashop internally shows it is using the delivery address for calculating taxes as far as I can see ("$this->id_address_delivery" is passed by the cart object).

Cheers