Default Customer Group deleted, now I've no categories....HELP URGENTLY!

I'm about to throw my chair at the monitor!!!! ARRRRGH

I'm having major problems today! I deleted the default customer group (trying to clean up BO), this then caused the deleting of the category module and blocking access to anyone!!!!

I've tried deleting everything and uploading an old backup copy of PS, but it just reverts back to the same! I've tried adding a second group called default now, but it is listed as id 2, not 1 like the original and I've changed the categories to allow this new group access, but the problem is still there!

Do you know how to fix this? Otherwise I'll be another 2 weeks away from finishing my site and will miss xmas all together!

thanks
Gary

do you have phpmyadmin or something similar to edit your MySQL database? I dont know it well enough to give you step by step directions and I caution you that any changes you make by mistake will be permanent so only proceed if you have a good idea about what your doing. Maybe someone here can chime in with better details but if it were me, id poke around until i find the table that held the information for customer groups (it should be ps_group on your setup) and then click browse and you should see the groups you created and their assigned numbers.

Let us know how you make out

• 2 weeks later...

I solved the problem using "phpmyadmin", you have to modify the table "ps_group", creating a record with the value 1 in the "id_goup" and then on the table "ps_category_group" put all records in 1 in the "id_group".
If you had customer records probably need to modify the table "ps_customer_group" putting in 1 all "id_group" associated with "id_customer"

you're right, became my second trouble too, but in "ps_category_lang" look all "id_category" and put all of them in "ps_category_group" with the "id_group" in 1 specially the "home" whose "id_category" should be 1, watch the images to help you better

15635_BM8y4613q8mV2fCFkov1_t

15636_kJNf1YpmLENfZ9yCTtEr_t

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issues as my categories block is not showing up and I am getting the same error: 01.you do not have access to this product.

I'm a newby at all this including SQL. I'm clueless as to what I accidentally erased. Can anyone give me a step by step to add the tables back in please? Mine is stating its empty...Please, please, please anyone help?

Fresh install of 1.2.5.0. on Linux Server, mySQL 5.0.67. I have access to myPHPAdmin, but I have no idea what to add/delete/etc. Plus, I'm pretty much a wussy as I'm totally scared to change anything in the PHPAdmin area.

BTW, if I go to my Catalog tab, then edit the catagory/sub-catagory, scroll down to Groups access section, it states: No group created.

Thank you in advance!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi, This is Somit, using Prestashop 1.5.6 English Version and my Website http://www.slmobileprice.com

I am getting same error after Creating product , not able to access that product. After deleting product more than 10-15 times , sometime problem solved. And as Group Access is Default.

Please help me to solve the issue, i am not able to create products.. Please check error below

There is 1 error

1. You do not have access to this product.

« Back