Tool for searching multiple shops at once.

Dolke

Hi Presta ppl,

I have one question that is not relates to Prestashop as much as it is related to all e-commerce websites no matter what engine or software they use...

Here is the situation:

I'm looking for a tool or small application that will enable me to search through multiple websites.

The idea is when Im looking for a specific information or a product I would like to search multiple websites (most of them are other e-shops) but using their own search function. 

Now, when I want to search some product for example I need manually to browse to each and every website, type for example "Asus laptop" and preform the search.

I would like feature where I would be able to add websites that I want to search in some list, type keyword and perform search on multiple websites at once. It would also be perfect if this application or tool have the option to store those results in some CSV file or in some other format that I can use further in my analysis.

Is there such a tool available somewhere?

Thanks
Dean

Edited by Dolke (see edit history)

Hi Dean I'm not aware of a module that would search through multi-shop products.

The thing to consider if one had this capability is that cookies are by domain, so let's say you put something in your cart from shop x, then searched and found a product in shop y, once you clicked on product that directed you to shop y, the cart would empty.  You could then add product  from  shop y, but in the end you would have to switch back to shop x to see that product in cart.

You may have other reason for this search type, but I wanted to point out what will happen in the above scenario.

Hi El Patron, thanks for answering but I don't think you got it or I my explanation was poor...

I'm not looking for Prestashop module that does this, I'm actually looking for a standalone windows application or maybe online tool.

Hi El Patron, thanks for answering but I don't think you got it or I my explanation was poor...

I'm not looking for Prestashop module that does this, I'm actually looking for a standalone windows application or maybe online tool.

I think I did not read thoroughly, sorry about that. 

have you checked into 'store commander'?  http://www.storecommander.com

I am not  aware of any 'free' or other 'paid' solutions to achieve this, you could look at web-services and possibly write something to interact with shop(s).

Im already using Store Manager for Prestashop developed by eMagicOne.

Still I don't want to search my shops :)

Idea is to search through shops that I found on the web that has interesting products and/or information but to search few of them in the same time using such a tool and then preferably to get the results of such search into one excel or some other file...

• 4 weeks later...

El Patron, I think you didn't understand what I want to accomplish. 

Please take a look at this topic here > http://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/290537-php-script-used-to-search-multiple-websites-at-once/

This is where I have put all in details.

Thanks

ave maria..jajaja

please when posting (and you know this being you help so much here), put all details in posting...good luck

• Like 1

I'm sorry El Patron,

I just opened up that topic of the phpFreaks forums as nobody was answering here.

Please don't get upset, that wasn't my intention.  

Do you find the topic more detailed? 

gosh, no I am not upset...there were comments on this so it's a tad unfair to state no one is answering. :)  Maybe just not the answer you were looking for.  You are not one to give up so keep at it.

Exactly,

Thank you for your honest help and time. I appreciate it.  :)

I would post that article in 'job offers' and see what sort of responses you get.  Please remember (mods) write in very rather blunt English mostly because it's not a flowery language to begin with but also we write for non-native English speakers.  I'm starting to even talk to my grand kids this way...jajajajaja