[solved] PayPal in PrestaShop 1.6 problem with the PayPal email address

omahaknife

I'm having trouble getting PayPal US to work on PrestaShop 1.6.0.6. I've heard there are a lot of compatibility issues with the newest version of PrestaShop and the PayPal module.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the module and I've tried resetting the module, but it doesn't seem to work. I've entered the API credentials for the Live and Sandbox accounts, but I don't get any confirmation that it's worked.

I'm not very technical, so if you could make your answers as simple as possible, that'd be really helpful. Thanks in advance! 

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

I've tried ordering directly from the site to test it, but when I click the PayPal payment button I get an error message saying "We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com." 

I don't get directed to the PayPal site at all, the process doesn't let me get any further than this error message. Is this some easy step that I've overlooked?

I've tried ordering directly from the site to test it, but when I click the PayPal payment button I get an error message saying "We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com." 

I don't get directed to the PayPal site at all, the process doesn't let me get any further than this error message. Is this some easy step that I've overlooked?

in paypal api, where it says PayPal Business Account, this is where you put your paypal email address.  It is a bit 'mis-leading', should just say paypal email address.  hope that is it!

• Like 3

in paypal api, where it says PayPal Business Account, this is where you put your paypal email address.  It is a bit 'mis-leading', should just say paypal email address.  hope that is it!

That's such an easy solution and it worked! Thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't think to try that out of everything I tried.

• Like 1