Website speed optimalization

tamasburtics

Hi all,

I will start to operate a webshop in Hungary, I have built it my self, but my knowledge is not enough for all the speed optimalization.

I have attached a speed test result from gtmetrix.com and I would like someone to fix the issues for me.

The site is http://www.kolbaszaruhaz.hu and it is turned off at the moment, but will turn it on if needed, for a short while)

Please advise, how much would it cost to fix it. (gzip cannot be enabled, but cssprites and all other things could be done I guess.

Please only offer reasonable prices as I am not loade. This is eastern europe :-)

Thanks for reading it.

Tamas

GTmetrix-report-www.kolbaszaruhaz.hu-20140709T053826-lsRxz9qS-full.pdf

it's not 'so bad'.  not having gzip available on your hosting is 'bad'.  You should consider a different hosting package.  For faster page render there are module solutions that will work for you, JavaPro for example.

But other than moving to hosting with gzip there would be very little improvement one could make outside of modules written specifically to speed up ps page load/render.

El Patron,

Thanks for taking your time, I do appriciate it.

I know it is not so bad,but still, there is room for improvement... so I think.

I have been told by the Hosting company that Gzip is not available because their apache webserver is running in FastCGI mode, and my site is on a shared server so it cannot be done. Well, the downside of the cheap storage :-)

How about specifiy image dimensions and CSS sprites? Would they make a difference? Perhaps Scaled images, although I guess I could do that mysel :-)

Thanks again

Tamas

re fastcgi and no-gzip, they area blowing smoke in your face...this is a must have

re. css sprites/scaled images, little to no real return

for hosting with limits, this is why I suggest modules specifically for PrestaShop.  They do not care about your hosting so in many cases the performance benefit for a shared hosting can be significant, allowing one to remain on shared while at the same time speed up the page load/render.

It's  important to note that there is a big difference in 'page load time' and 'above the fold' page render in that 'above the fold' is what people see when they visit any page.  Learn more here: http://www.feedthebot.com/pagespeed/prioritize-visible-content.html

El Patron,

Thanks for your suggestions, I will speak to them and I will consider the module you have suggested. 50 euros is not the end of the world...

yes, gzip is a must, typically to get shared users to upgrade they will have gzip but not mod_expires. :)

and 50 euros, for the only module in the world that does this, priceless. :)

let us know how you get on with hosting, remember hosting is a commodity, personally if it was me, I would go into the cloud, much more flexible.  here is a nice blog on the subject: http://blog.dh42.com/prestashop-cloud/

• Like 1