1.6.0.8 - Theme Configurator Image Links Are Wrong?

Hi,

I just tried to update the images in Theme Configurator that are showing at the top of the page. I uploaded the image, but it is showing as a broken image. Inspecting the element reveals that it would be a bug with Prestashop as to why it isn't working.

The image I uploaded was called smash.jpg, however Prestashop has linked it as c8bf3e58e9cae81c509a2e4e6f3bd29e813d69b8_smashjpg, missing the . determining filetype.

Is there any way for me to fix this in the meantime before the bug gets fixed, as it looks awful.

Url is www.astrofats.co.uk if anyone wants to have a look.

Thanks

Hi,

I am using version 1.6.0.6 and I have just started seeing EXACTLY this problem too - can you tell me where in the database you make the changes as the workaround please?

Also presto people - is there any timing on a fix for this?  I tried to upgrade to 1.6.0.8 today but that also failed so I am in a bit of a pickle!!

Thanks guys

Patrick

I can't exactly remember where the changes I made to the database were. If you right click on the broken image, you should see what the image is called, it should be a bunch of letters and numbers followed by the original file name without the dot for the extension. If you search your database for that filename, you should find where it is. There will be 2 instances of it, one for the front office and one for the back office. You also need to log into your site FTP and add the . into the file name for the extension (eg .jpg). You will find the uploaded images in /modules/themeconfigurator/img.

Hopefully this will be something that is fixed soon, as it's rather annoying!

I can't exactly remember where the changes I made to the database were. If you right click on the broken image, you should see what the image is called, it should be a bunch of letters and numbers followed by the original file name without the dot for the extension. If you search your database for that filename, you should find where it is. There will be 2 instances of it, one for the front office and one for the back office. You also need to log into your site FTP and add the . into the file name for the extension (eg .jpg). You will find the uploaded images in /modules/themeconfigurator/img.

Hopefully this will be something that is fixed soon, as it's rather annoying!

Hi thadunno,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you explain the following: after you see the image name which is broken  (the very long name) you search it in your database. When found whout should I do here? change the name?

You need to add the dot in for the file extension, so example if you uploaded a jpg, you should see something like c8bf3e58e9cae81c509a2e4e6f3bd29e813d69b8_imagenamejpg, you need to change that so it looks like c8bf3e58e9cae81c509a2e4e6f3bd29e813d69b8_imagename.jpg. You then need to go to your sites FTP, navigate to /modules/themeconfigurator/img and change the same thing in there too. 

Whats happening is when a file gets uploaded and renamed, some bug in Prestashop is missing the dot out of the file extension, so it's making it unreadable to the browser and creating the wrong link. Giving it the correct file extension (eg .jpg) is telling the browser what type of file it is so it can display it properly. Because the link and the file name are wrong, you need to manually correct both for it to solve the problem.

Hope that helps!

You need to add the dot in for the file extension, so example if you uploaded a jpg, you should see something like c8bf3e58e9cae81c509a2e4e6f3bd29e813d69b8_imagenamejpg, you need to change that so it looks like c8bf3e58e9cae81c509a2e4e6f3bd29e813d69b8_imagename.jpg. You then need to go to your sites FTP, navigate to /modules/themeconfigurator/img and change the same thing in there too. 

Whats happening is when a file gets uploaded and renamed, some bug in Prestashop is missing the dot out of the file extension, so it's making it unreadable to the browser and creating the wrong link. Giving it the correct file extension (eg .jpg) is telling the browser what type of file it is so it can display it properly. Because the link and the file name are wrong, you need to manually correct both for it to solve the problem.

Hope that helps!

Oh my god I get it!

Now I have try to connenct to the databas ( no experience with this at all)

Thank you