Remove Addresses on Registration

I only sell virtual products so I would like customers to sign up an account with just a name and email but not their home address. Or if I could just make entering an address not mandatory that would be great. Im just not sure which lines of code to remove or edit.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by clif (see edit history)

Hi,

you need to edit authentication.tpl, address.tpl, AuthController.php, AddressController.php - you need to comment out every filed in the .tpl filed with the exception of email, firstname & lastname. In Contrllers you will need to comment out the control of all the fields, with again an exception for email, firstname and lastname.

Thank you again for your comments. I unfortunately am a rookie and removing lines is about all the editing I have done...i dont even know what a smarty is. I dont suppose you have an example?  I can find the php and tpl files, Ill try to edit them and hope for the best.

Thanks for you help

this is difficult even for advanced users.  if you 'must' have this removed then you may consider posting in job offers section of forum.

depicting how in forum would be 'most' difficult given the number of different themes out there.

note: payment gateways may not work if you remove registration data.

Thank you for your reply, Is there is an easy way to just make the address field  "not mandatory" without removing it?

As El Patron says, this is quite a complicated procedure and I don't think there's an easy way around this. Posting a job in Job Offers might be a good idea!

Here is the link - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/235-job-offers/

Edited by PSfever.com (see edit history)

Hi,

you need to edit authentication.tpl, address.tpl, AuthController.php, AddressController.php - you need to comment out every filed in the .tpl filed with the exception of email, firstname & lastname. In Contrllers you will need to comment out the control of all the fields, with again an exception for email, firstname and lastname.

Hello!

I can't found control of fields in AuthController and AddressControler. I need to remove LastName field. Maybe it checked in another place? In Customer.php or in ObjectModel.php? Can you write more detailed description?