How to downgrade prestashop

Hi,

Hope someone can help with this???

I installed Prestashop 1.6 for a clients build and started adding all their product data etc. They insisted on using a theme which they bought and emailed to me, which I installed.

It turns out that the theme is for Prestashop 1.5 not 1.6 and thus there are certain comparability issues being thrown up, such as jqZoom not working and the side menu disappearing/not displaying correctly.

is there anyway of either:

Downgrading the build to 1.5

OR

Setting up 1.5 and importing everything that's been done into that new build on an older version.

Please help.

The site is at htspares.ne-dc.co.uk

So, rather than downgrading to a compatible version you say upgrade to a higher version that will push out none required scripting etc???

Ok, not sure about this as it could cause more issues. How do I take a back up of the site as it is in order to safeguard what I have done so far and how do I upgrade?

I'm assuming that by your reply that downgrading isn't an option?

Also, how do I safeguard any changes made in the CSS so they don't get over written?

Actually the main issue I have is the menues on the left disappearing - I did a fix based on what I was told to do in a live chat - but O can't find a record of the chat anywhere to refer back to.

What I want is to know how to resolve the issue of the disappearing menus - I know it's something in the template file - but what I have no idea.

Hi,

So, I did what you suggested, I installed 1-click upgrade, I upgraded Prestashop to the latest version and it totally destroyed the site. It's removed the theme I was using and ...

Its totally screwed it up!!!!!

Luckily I did, but that's by the by. The upgrade didn't work and now I'm even further adrift from 1.5 than I originally was.

Is there no way of downgrading this system to an earlier version?

OR does ANYONE know how to fix the disappearing menu from the left hand side?

by and by? from you report of upgrade one would have thought you had not.

I think moving forward is best, if you have issue with upgrade then state what issue is, totally screwed up is not enough information.  Sometimes it's best to walk away and come back fresh.

to regress in version is not possible except manually and that would require advanced user knowledge and is outside the scope of what can be detailed in simple forum media.  You can post in job offers to see if you can find someone that can do this for you.