Cannot create custom text field for product in admin

back office-->localization-->translations-->error messages

if you could post the English xlation for the error message(s) so we can search on them.

field %s is invalid. value="felt %s er ugyldig." 

I get this error whenever I try to save information on a product. Since it is pretty generic, I could also be the fields attached..

post-751619-0-84431800-1404684602_thumb.png

Edited by Anelmo (see edit history)

Yes, that's correct. Tried to alter some text in one of the products and it gave me the same error.

To give you some extra info, I've just had Cart2Cart migration from Zen Cart 1.39h. I could try to create a dummy product to see if it gives me the same error.

Created a dummy product and it seems to go ok. Even creating custom field. I see that {} are used to enclose product info in the name of the product. Possibly some characters in the import that is not matching Prestashop?

Edited by Anelmo (see edit history)

Yes, that's correct. Tried to alter some text in one of the products and it gave me the same error.

To give you some extra info, I've just had Cart2Cart migration from Zen Cart 1.39h. I could try to create a dummy product to see if it gives me the same error.

Created a dummy product and it seems to go ok. Even creating custom field. I see that {} are used to enclose product info in the name of the product. Possibly some characters in the import that is not matching Prestashop?

I have a product named :   Personlig stempel {1101}  which has been imported from Zen Cart, but when I hover the mouse over Product Name it says that {} are illegal characters. When trying to remove them and save the product it still says. Property Product->name is not valid    when modifying another importet product which do not have the illegal character, I'm allowed to save it.. Does this mean that I need to manipulate this in the database ?

Tried to check for anything under SEO/URLs and other parts of the product, but it won't save whatever I do. I've sent an email to the guys performing Cart2Cart to see if they can shed any light on this situation. Seems odd that I cannot remove the illegal characters and then save the product...

Thanks for the help thus far.

Tried to check for anything under SEO/URLs and other parts of the product, but it won't save whatever I do. I've sent an email to the guys performing Cart2Cart to see if they can shed any light on this situation. Seems odd that I cannot remove the illegal characters and then save the product...

Thanks for the help thus far.

let us know how it goes.

let us know how it goes.

I restored from db from backup created right after migration, and I'm able to save info.. would have liked to know what caused it, but thankfully the restore "solved" it  :)

• Like 1