Store Icon NOT Showing Transparent Background on Google Map "Our Store"

Store Icon:They suggest using a 30 x 30 transparent GIF which should give a transparent background.

However as shown in the second image the output to Google maps gives a solid background which looks terrible. I tried with both GIF and PNG to no avail. I looked in the CSS and TPL files and could not find anything to fix it. Is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?

I tried to attach files but it keep booting me to the main PrestaShop website when I do.

In my original post I stated that I have tried both GIF and PNG. Neither one show a transparent background on the Google Map page as indicated with my images in my followup post.

I just tried to modify the image preference like you suggested and the images are still the same on Google Maps.

I am using Version 1.6.0.8 if that helps.

Try as I might to find a file with the name logo_stores.gif in m directory I cannot. It is definitely not in my /img folder. Any suggestions on where it might be hiding?

*** It appears to have been renamed by the program to your-store-name-1404052235.gif Not sure if this number string is a constant or not.

Edited by Eric-CBD (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem with Prestashop 1.6.1.7.

I uploaded the png to the server and it is still with a white background.

I tried both gif and png. I renamed the images to logo_stores and I still get the white background.

Is there a way to get around this problem? Thank you.