Passwords dont work in 1.6.0.8 when imported from 1.6.0.5

Hi,

Due to a comedy of errors I had to rebuild my site. I started with a fresh install of PS 1.6.0.8. I dropped all of the tables in my database and then imported tables from my backup of 1.6.0.5. After manually restoring the images and few modules things seem to back to normal, except for admin and customer passwords.

Was there a change to the encryption between .05 and .08? For the customers I have to manually set each password and then email customer. 

For the admin I can use the forgot password feature to get a new password for my account, however, the change password function does not recognize the system generated password as the current password.

So my questions are:

• Why would the passwords not work as is?
  • Did the encryption change between .05 and .08?
  • Why would the change password function for the admin account not work? Should I use the old password, that was not recognized at login as the current password, or the new system generated password the current password?

Thanks,

Art

sounds like you have different settings.inc.php (i.e. new shop vs old shop)

copy from old shop config/settings.inc.php line with value for

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'theoriginalvalue');

to your new config/settings.inc.php

Thanks. This seem to work for my [spam-filter]'s admin account and for my customers. However, I had used forget password on my admin account to get back in. Now when I try to change the password, I am still getting invalid current password. Other than creating a new admin account, is there anyway to override the pass word on my admin account - role is superuser?

Thanks,

Art