Copy from web to localhost frontoffice problem. The page isn't redirecting properly

Hello to everybody.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade my prestashop. But in order to make any changes safely I downloaded all necessary files (all folders & files + database) in order to make all work locally and when I m sure about all changes to upload again the final shop to me server.

Well, even if I have done this procedure several times succesfully until now, by yesterday I have the following problem.

My backoffice works just fine and gives me the same picture and functionality as the shop which resides online on my server. BUT there is a problem on front-office which does not load. Instead I get "the page isn't redirecting properly" Firefox browser message or "The server tried redirecting to an invalid address. Please report this to the webmaster of the site." on Opera browser.

I checked both online and offline sites' configuration at advanced parameters, both of them have missing files and they are the same missing files but the one website works (the online) and the other does not (the one at xampp - localhost).

As I mentioned earlier this was supposed to be a routine and easy work until now and I have done this a lot of times. The only difference is that this time - prior to downloading the website for offline installation- I have decided to create multishops. The multishops work perfectly at my web hosted site. When I saw this problem, since I have access at my backoffice I deleted & disabled multishop and the respective added domains in order to make website work but in vain.

Any ideas what could fix this problem?

Regards,

Edited by mono1 (see edit history)

Hi mono1,

Try to regenerate .htaccess file.

login in admin -> preferences -> SEO & URLs

if it is enabled then just Disable and save then enable and save again.

If disabled then enable and save then disable and save.

Then check frontoffice.

Kind Regards

Peter

• Like 1

Hi mono1,

Try to regenerate .htaccess file.

login in admin -> preferences -> SEO & URLs

if it is enabled then just Disable and save then enable and save again.

If disabled then enable and save then disable and save.

Then check frontoffice.

Kind Regards

Peter

Hi Peter and thank you for your response.

You mean to disable and enable back again some specific option? I tried all options enabl/disable in order to regenerate the htaccess but no result. I also played with smarty & cache for the same reason.

No result. :ph34r: