Multiple wishlist problem

dbg

Hi

There is a problem with the Wishlist function on my 1.6x install.

Customers can create (and delete) more than one Wishlist, but when they add a product to a Wishlist it's always added to the first Wishlist i.e. they cant select which Wishlist to add the product to?

Can anyone confirm that the Wishlist v.1.0 under PS 1.6.0.8 is working?

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

The theme is the default theme with the blockwishlist module.

You are right, my setup does not show the right column.

"Multiple wishlist" is not really good, I don't know why they provide the plugin like this.

I'm thinking about modifying the account template to remove the multiple wishlist management.

Thx

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I got the ¨add to wishlist¨ message in the product listing grid view (upon hover, a box with ¨more details¨, price etc. appears, and an ¨add to wishlist¨ options is also displayed there at the bottom of the box). I want to remove this wishlist option (it's enough to have the wishlist option in the product detail view, so in the listing grid view it needs to be erased).

How can I get rid of the ¨add to wishlist¨ option in the product listing grid view? Tried to see if I can unhook the module in the positions tab, but did not really find any wishlist related to the grid view (if that would be a possibility, which ¨display¨ option in the positions tab should I check?).

Another possibility would be modifying CSS and/or .tpl, could you hint where should I look?

Thanks.

Edited by shv (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Even I am facing same issue that customers can create more than one Wishlist, but when they add a product to a Wishlist it's always added to the first Wishlist i.e. they can't select which Wishlist to add the product to?

So what is importance of having multiple Wishlist?

Can someone from Prestashop Team please provide some input on this?

Thanks

Hello, 

I removed blockwishlist module et replaced it by favoriteproducts.

Much simpler and just simply works.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But can you please explain what exactly you mean by removing blockwishlist module and replacing it by favouriteproducts module.

As I know favourite module appears only when a customer logs in his/her account but wishlist module appears always.So if you are saying that I should disable the wishlist module and start using favourite module, then the latter won't serve the wishlist module purpose.

Thanks

@mkbond777, i uninstalled the Whislist plugin (blockwishlist) because it doesn't really work.

This plugin is the problem.

I found another plugin called Favorite Products (favoriteproducts). I installed it and it works well : just one wishlist.

It's also far simpler for the customer in his profile.

Regards,

@moalmeyer, I got your solution. But as I mentioned in my last post, the favoriteproduct module is only visible when customer logs in. So this can be taken as alternative for wishlist module which appears always.

If you have any idea of how to display favorite module irrespective of customer logs in or not then please let me know.