Images Folder

When I create a product and upload a product image, where is that image stored?

I had another programmer set up the site initially and now I'm trying to download all the product images but I can't find all of them.

I found the img/p folder already and that contains many product images but it leaves off around 400 and most, if not all, of the products on the site are numbered 500 or higher.

I'm using a cPanel to host the site and I've searched in the file manager for the file name of one of the graphics but was unable to find it.

Is it possible that the file is located in another folder (maybe on another site possibly) or that it was somehow deleted from the /p folder but is still saved on the site somehow?

I'm completely new to this program so sorry if this is a completely stupid question...

Here's a perfect example:

http://theflashstore.com/img/p/592-776-large.jpg

This is one of the product images on my site. In the File Manager on cPanel, I searched all files/folders for 592-776-large.jpg and it said it located img/p/592-776-large.jpg and I could click it to go there. However, when I clicked the link I get the message No File Found.

I then looked through the entire public_html folder where the /img/p folder is located and found product images but none that matched that filename, or anything above 401-470.

I'd like to download all the product images with my ftp program - I just need to find them first!!

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm about to lose my mind...

under your ftp go to ( /public_html/img/p) and that is were your product img is at.... its a lot better to build your site on your local host or should i say your comp! then tansver i to your host so you can look threw your files easier

jim

Thanks a lot guys for your help. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to find the images I'm looking for.
Chris: I checked the public_html/upload folder but didn't find any image files.
Jim: I've searched the /img/p folder and found some images but not all of them.

Thanks again - I'm sure I'll figure this out eventually. Keep the input coming and I'll keep trying new things!

~ Melissa

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem to find image which i uploaded.
After activated friendly URL, my image located at: http://my-shop.de/10-50-large/turborauch-luft-durchmesser-200mm.jpg

I searched via ftp, i don't have directory called /10-50-large/ and i never uploaded image named: turborauch-luft-durchmesser-200mm.jpg but the image is what i upload and renamed!

It is confused. what should i write under 'image URL' if i upload .CSV product?