Slow loading times

Is it just me or does Prestashop have extreme long loading times? I have been trying to use it in all the browsers I can think of, and even tried it on a Mac, and still it takes time to load each page. Much longer than it should. 

I have a state of the art laptop which I use for office work (cost me 3k USD about 2 months ago) and a iMac 27" which works through Photoshop like its nothing. So nothing wrong with my computers.

I also have a fiber optic internet line that I use to stream HD movies directly from the provider here in Norway, and goes without a hitch, so my internet connection is also in order.

My ISP is used to having Magento stores in their web hotels, and they told me it shouldnt be a problem at all to use Prestashop on their servers. 

But somewhere here lies the problem, as when I am using the backend to manage the store, it loads extremely slow in my browsers (doesn't matter if I use Opera, Chrome, Imploder or what not). The result is the same. Sometimes its fast, but thats for one page load only. After that its back to the slow speeds.

Anyone else have this issue at all, or is it just me that has something radically wrong?