[SOLVED] TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save update quantity Details: Error thrown: [object Object]

hello,

I have problem in my webshop (1.6.0.6), i want update or down quantity with "+" and "-" i have this error:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save update quantity

Details:
Error thrown: [object Object]
Text status: parsererror

Someone know because I have this problem? 

I have problems with another module, "revolution slider" this module run correctly, but when the module of "upload files" is installed I can't upload images to the module of revolution slider, and before I don't have problems with this. I think the module "upload files" have anything wrong. What do you thing?

Merci for the information

you're welcome :-)

there was a weirdy thing

with error reporting turned on - website spawns error in cart with empty char ""

so this is why technical error appeared there

anyway, glad to hear that everything is fine now

i marked topic as solved :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

there was a weirdy thing

with error reporting turned on - website spawns error in cart with empty char ""

so this is why technical error appeared there

With error reporting OFF, the popup doesnt appear, but it looks like 'hiding the error', or may be I misunderstood your note about the empty char.

Is there any way to prevent website from spawning that error when 'error reporting' is ON?

With error reporting OFF, the popup doesnt appear, but it looks like 'hiding the error', or may be I misunderstood your note about the empty char.

Is there any way to prevent website from spawning that error when 'error reporting' is ON?

yes, it's quite simple (or it sounds like): find & remove empty char.

i remember several topics here on forum where the same problem was solved.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

I know it's a bit late, but I post anyway in case it helps someone.

I recently had the same error on PS 1.6.0.14 :

"TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save update quantity Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror", every time i tried to add, substract or delete a product from the cart.

I found it was due to a php "var_dump" that I had inserted in classes\db\Db.php for debugging purpose, and forgot to remove.

After removing that instruction, everything went back to normal.

Have a nice day!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Same problem - none from the suggested solutions help... Many people have this error and no one can get to the bottom of it. Different things help some people (turning on/off errors display, turning on/off friendly url etc...). Nothing from the above worked for me. Sometimes update helpes, but I got 1.6.0.14 and still this bug occurs.

First I have noticed that clients can add products to the cart, so I turned off Ajax - it helped for adding the products, but errors occurs when I try to +/- or delete the product...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been solving this problem for days and it seems it is finally solved. The issue was that some link_rewrite values were missing for some products. This caused problem for Pretty URLs module and ajax cart was not working.

Try to check wheteher this statement return zero rows:

SELECT * FROM ps_product_lang WHERE link_rewrite = ""

If not, generate that value in Products/SEO and it might solve the issue.

• 4 months later...
I have the same problem in the PS 1.6.1.11:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save the update quantity Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror

@ini_set ('display_errors', 'off');

did not help

emica.pl

what to do?

• 3 months later...