Show label "Update available" and "upgrade" module function

venditdevs

For our module we want to show the users that there is an update available of our module.

I've made a function that returns me the version number if there is an update available. So far so good...but..

What i want to display in the module list is in the attachment and a warning that the modue needs to be updated . $this->warning currently only displays the warning occasionally.

Thanks in advance

post-790762-0-37289400-1403086138_thumb.jpg

I wanted to bypass that :) It should be possible to flag.

But i still have the problem that sometimes the warning i've set shows up...and then refreshing the page the warning on the module disappears ...to re-appear  whenever it wants to, it's no cache issue.

If i change something in the __construct of the module then the values set in the __construct are set and placed in the config.xml. The warning is displayed to in the top of the page.

$this->warning is passed to be displayed

If i refresh the module page it seems the data is loaded from the config.xml and $this->warning is not passed to be displayed even though it's set in the __construct part of the module

example what is in my module for testing

__construct(){

$this->warning = $this->l('Test warning'); //set first or last , it doesn't matter

parent::__construct();

}

First time i call the module list when i've changed something it's set. Every page visit after that ..it's not.

Hopefully it's clear