Rich snippets problem in default-bootstrap - markup on product lists

Hello,

on the default bootstrap template of 1.6., there is rich snippets markup on the product listing pages, which is a no-no practice according to Google guidelines.

Quote: "The following guidelines apply to product snippets:

When using product markup, the main topic of the page should be a specific product, not a category of products or a list of products. Product markup on listing or category pages is not supported.
The product should be available for purchase directly on the page. We do not support product markup for pages that require a user to visit separate seller's site or contact a seller offline to complete a purchase."

Also, in Google Webmaster Tools, the indexed product listings are displayed with a markup error, Price:missing - which seems to be caused by the priceCurrency info to be missing (the page source shows the info as "priceCurrency="0" instead of priceCurrency="EUR".

My thoughts on this would be to remove the markup information from all listing pages, like category or best seller blocks, and only leave it on the product page itself, as suggested by schema.org and Google.

But how to remove all the info without breaking the code?

Any ideas or thoughts on this?

Kind regards,

Dann

After Update I see the errors in webmaster tools too.. did not know about the guidelines,

You can remove all the itemprop="blah blah" code from the affected templates but to be honest. I would submit it in the bugtracker because when with the next update they roll out new template files you must start once again.

Regards, Trip

Hi Trip,

I was thinking about that too, I think I'll open a new bug on forge then, and edit the product-list tpl manually while waiting for the update.

I didn't know about those recommendations either, I only found them because I was researching that priceCurrency error thing in GWT.

Regards,

Dan