help ! how do you rename a duplicate image caption?

Hi All,

sorry - probably a dumb question - but I just cannot find the answer and it's driving me crazy !

When we created our shop, we continually just duplicated the previous product - changed the name and other details - uploaded the correct image and saved.

It is all working perfectly as it should - but with one exception.  The NAME of the image when you click on it is always the same (as the first image that we ever used).  So, the three hundred items in our shop - all have the same name when the user clicks on it (the name displays under the image).

We have tripled checked the settings and the Caption is the correct name - but when you see the image in the admin setup - it has the (duplicated) name next to it and there just does not seem any way to be able to edit it.

I have tried changing the caption to something else, saving and going back, but it wont' even change there.

I would even be happy to edit it directly in phpmysqladmin - but I can't see it in any of the tables.

Can someone please help?

thank you !!!

not dumb, image are a 'pain', no edit, can't have image by language..wah wah...:)

My advice would be to find hack that change the legend to the 'short' description. There are several topics on this subject you might find interesting.

here is an example of what others have done, I think you will find other solutions like this.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/335237-solved-change-image-hover-title-from-legend-to-descr-short/

• 1 month later...

if you would want to edit it in the dabase then look for the legend column in   ps_image_lang

a quick mysql query will bring some more info, try the next one:

SELECT l.*,p.* FROM `ps_image_lang` l

join `ps_image` i on i.`id_image` = l.`id_image`

join  `ps_product_lang` p on i.`id_product`=p.`id_product`

where  i.`id_product` < 2000

and then just do the update, if you are interested in i can help you further

Edited by sooroos (see edit history)

• 8 months later...