Adding to the New/Update Category Form

rwashko

Hi,

I've been developing for prestashop for about a month.  I've only made modules that need a presense on the front office, but I've encountered one where I need a field added to the category form.  Could somebody point me in the direction of the appropriate hooks?  I'm fairly certain that I will be doing the processing of these fields in actionCategoryAdd and actionCategoryUpdate, but I can't find anything about how to actually add the field.  Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm fairly certain that I will be doing the processing of these fields in actionCategoryAdd and actionCategoryUpdate, but I can't find anything about how to actually add the field.  Any help would be much appreciated!

it will be much easier if you will say what you're trying to achieve

at the moment i have no idea about what you're looking for

if i missed something, sorry :/

Hi Vekia,

I've added an associative table in the database between category and another table I created named affiliate.  When I edit a category, I want a drop-down that allows the user to pick a member from affiliate, once processed it should insert a row into the associative table linking the category being edited to the affiliate picked by the user.