Iam not able to upoad product images, i tried small sizes and pnj and jpg and different formats?

At it's simplest it sounds like a permissions problem. Ask your hosting about that. Or check the correct file permissions for the image uploads folder. A better dev should be able to elaborate. You should also add any error messages you might be getting after the upload if any.

thanks for the reply, Im not getting any error message, it only shows an exclamation mark and thats all, may you please tell me where is the images upload folder and on what permission it shall be

yeah ok that sounds like it could be a cache issue or any number of things. But really i am not qualified to recommend any fixes for you. Can you post your prestashop version and any info on your setup so someone can help you. It is most likely an easy fix. As a first step i would contact your hosting provider. BTW the large grey white exclamation is just a no image replacement. So the file is not uploading i suspect.

I am using prestashop 1.6 and the image is not uploading as soon as a press upload the exclamation mark appears in a red rectangle and nothing more than that. I will contact my hosting provider but i dont think its the problem, the problem started with the new version 1.6

ah ok

so as a virtal newb

I would

do a backup in cpanel with data base included (always do this and download it before any auto update)

roll back if you did ti in auto upgrade.

then i found updates work best if you are on say 1.5.???

update to the latest 1.5 stable

then upgrade to 1.6

If you jump from a lower version of 1.5 then straight to the latest  next level ps then i have had issues.

If you roll back to previous  then update to the best version of 1.5

then to the new 1.6 after that i think ps is designed to work well from 1.5 best version  to 1.6

I did it with 1.4 to the latest 1.4 to 1.5 best version and then latest 1.6 and it was great.

So i am saying do not change from 1.4.0 or 1.5.0 without going to the highest stable version of 1.4? or 1.5 before going to 1.6

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)