How Do I Change site Domain only.

I have a website on prestashop V5 and only want to change the site domain to a new one, i.e. www.abc.com to www.xyz.co.uk. No change in folders or anything else.

I have contacted my host and they are happy to do this but what do I need to do on the prestashop site before I ask for the move.

I know I need to go to the back office and in preferences/ seo & urls change the shop domain and ssl domain to the new one and clear the cache.

Do I need to rename my SQL Database or change anything else.

Thank you

Richard

Hi,

1. Login to adminpanel.
  2. Using the top menu bar, hover over the Preferences tab and click on the SEO&URLs option from the menu.
  3. This leads you to the SEO & URLs configuration screen. Scroll down the page until you find the Set Shop URL section. Here you will find the two URLs you will need to change. Shop Domain is the normal URL and SSL Domain is the URL for using hte secure version of the site. Unless you have a custom setup, these will typically be the same.
    change-shop-url.png
  4. After entering your new URL, click on the green Save button in the upper right corner of the screen. This will finalize and save your new URL.
Edited by csschopper.com (see edit history)