Changing ReturnURL and CancelURL

CrossY

Hi there,

I wish to redirect my customers to a different page than is default when they finish/cancel their order with PayPal.

I have to make sure that any hidden data is still sent to prestashop, to ensure that all orders are coming in.

I've found some code in /express_checkout/process.php, but i'm not quite sure how to change it properly:

private function _setPaymentDetails(&$fields)
	{
		// Required field
		$fields['RETURNURL'] = PayPal::getShopDomainSsl(true, true)._MODULE_DIR_.$this->name.'/express_checkout/payment.php';
		$fields['NOSHIPPING'] = '1';
		$fields['BUTTONSOURCE'] = $this->getTrackingCode((int)Configuration::get('PAYPAL_PAYMENT_METHOD'));

Best,

Dave

Edited by CrossY (see edit history)

I think I've managed to at least change the ReturnURL. The CancelURL still seems to redirect back to the shop itself, but that's not too worrying for me at the moment..

File: /paypal/views/templates/hook/integral/integral_evolution_payment.tpl

<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="{http://www.yourwebsite.com/payment-error/|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />
	<input type="hidden" name="return" value="{http://www.yourwebsite.com/payment-succesful/|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />
Edited by CrossY (see edit history)

In process.php there is a function called setCancelUrl.  You would need to alter this function to change the cancel url.

However if the Paypal module is not invoked when the customer cancels, then there will be certain cookie information retained in the customers browser which could effect the checkout process and it may not function as expected

As for the return URL, why don't you describe what or why you are trying to change this.  If you change it from payment.php then the module will not be able to create a Prestashop order, and that will be problematic

I've given the setCancelUrl a try, but either way I tried it I got a Paypal module error.

As for the return URL, i'm using Wordpress for the main part of my side. I only sell 1 product, so I've stripped down Prestashop to the bare minimum and it's opened in an iFrame. Upon finishing/cancelling I want the users to be redirected back to the 'main' site, and not the default Prestashop environment.

The way I've set it up now seems to work (via the integral_evolution_payment.tpl form). There is a difference between the notification URL and the return URL, so that appears to work without problems at the moment.

• 2 years later...