[solved] Currency conversion not working in "add to cart box"

I've been setting up a new store using PrestaShop 1.6 (default theme) for a few months now - the default currency is UK Pounds and I also want to sell in US Dollars and Euros. My current version is 1.6.0.6. I actually tried to re-roll to the previous 1.6 version but it wouldn't work and the whole shop went down (I sorted that by uploading a backup via Dreamweaver).

Until now I had no problems with currency conversions then suddenly, a couple of days ago, I noticed the price shown in the "Add to cart box" on each product page (for each combination and for every product) is the same as the UK price (although the currency symbol changes when a different currency is selected in the front office). The figure in the attached image is actually the UK price rather the the US Dollar price. The same happens with Euros. When I refresh the product page in my browser, for a split second the correct price is shown but almost instantly overwritten. It does not make any difference whether I am logged in or just a visitor.

Everywhere else in the shop where products are shown, the prices are correctly converted!! The prices in the Ajax Cart are also correctly converted ... it's just that one (very important) place (again, see image below).

I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling US Dollar/Euro currencies, and deleting and reentering products but nothing has worked - I don't know what else to do. Please help!

This is a very serious problem for me as I need to launch my new business within the next couple of weeks!

post-775039-0-57559900-1401743934_thumb.jpg

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

does it resolve if you f5?

I would look for a broken .js using this guide

http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/8525/how-to-open-the-javascript-console-in-different-browsers

F5 doesn't help  and the issue is the same in Firefox, IE Chrome and Safari.

I'm familiar with HTML and CSS but I don't know .js or PHP. I followed this link and and launched the debugger on one of my product pages but I just don't know what I'm looking for or how to fix it. Would some kind of partial re-install be an answer ... and if so, how and what files should I be looking for?