"Phantom" carrier

viezure

Hello my friends,

Untill today everything was ok but today i notticed the following bug.

In the past - 2 months ago- when i installed my presta i created a carrier for test purposes. I then deleted it and added the real one that i am still using today. Everything goes ok with my new carrier appearing through the order validation and bills.

The PROBLEM appears when the customer acceses "order history" and clicks on "details" - when the order opens next to the normal carrier, appears also the old one that i deleted months ago (added print screen for better understanding).

Of course this is ruining all thing as many of the customers are asking us what is happening.

Please i would realy appreciate any help!

All the best!

post-772032-0-90648700-1401739383_thumb.jpg

That's prety weird. I have to ask this: did you clear the cache? It shouldn't have this effect, but it's the proper way to start a debug.

I tried making some orders on a clean Prestashop 1.5.6.2 with the romanian localization pack installed (BTW, you should put this information in your post if you want anyone to spend time on your problem) - first with english enabled, then with english disabled - and I couldn't make your problem appear.

FIY, the list in your screenshot is build from order-detail.tpl.

To retrieve all the carriers involved in delivering the order, the Smarty template uses the getShipping() method which is a SQL query. If you did clear the cache, then the dabase may be messed up or your shop adds the now extinct carrier to the orders (BTW, you didn't mention if it happens with every order). So you should first test the database to see if the information is all right. Namely, check the 'ps_order_carrier' table for recordings where the deleted carrier ID and the new orders IDs are coupled.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot Gabi and sorry for the incomplete description of the issue.

I will try clearing the cache and get back with the answer - hopefully it will do the trick (is there any risk if i clear the cache?)

Yes it appears for every order.

Can you please guide me where to find the 'ps_order_carrier' ?

All the best!

Edited by viezure (see edit history)

`ps_order_carrier` is a table in your site database. You could use a MySQL client like phpMyAdmin to look into the database.

But if you had to ask this question, maybe you should refrain from tinkering with the database, as it can be easily damaged.

Probably you know this already, I'll say it again nevertheless: another proper thing to do when debugging (PTTDWD) is to backup the database and the files, so you have something to rely on in case anything goes wrong.

More about the database: Prestashop 1.4 Database Structure (didn't change much), Prestashop 1.5 Database Schema.