SEO problems - add, compare, cart, info, new. bad google search results.

mazazam

Hi,

Seem to be having a problem optimising my prestashop site for search engines.

My Main Problem is that the following keywords are too frequent in my webpage:

CART, COMPARE, NEW, INFO, PRODUCTS, ADD & WISHLIST

I don't want these keywords to be indexed by search engines as the main keywords that are listed in meta tags are ignored as less mentioned for some reason.

And It always comes up dodgy on search results showing unnecesary unrelated content in the description..

I done a seo analyser test on seositecheckup.com and it just has a bad score and keywords are awful.

See below:

Most Common Keywords Test

add - 28 times - 10.98%cart - 17 times - 6.67%compare - 12 times - 4.71%info - 9 times - 3.53%new - 9 times - 3.53%

I didn't even set these keywords above..

And another problem:

Keyword Usage

Keyword(s) not included in Meta-TitleKeyword(s) not included in Meta-DescriptionKeyword(s) not included in Meta-Keywords Tag

Also Both of these are missing:

<h1> Headings Status <h2> Headings Status

I know its a lot of questions and problems but please try and advise how to solve these issues.

Thanks in advance.

I personally would be willing to be that google has blacklisted those words for most sites. Or at the very most given them little ranking power as they are helper words. Like having the word "the" on a page. You cannot really help it. In an ecommerce site, those are words often used and there really is no way around it without confusing users. 

What tool are you using and what is a link to your site? The h1 and h2 should be part of your theme, but your theme writer might have left them out. 

Hi thanks for the response, I know exactly what you mean and I think i've figured it out.

The common words I mentioned - (INFO, CART, ADD etc).. must be coming from a module I have called "New Products Slider", Which slides 8 products and has 4 buttons for each of them. More Info, Add to Cart, Add to wishlist & Add to Compare. So this needs to be resolved somehow to stop the repeated unnecessary keywords. Any suggestions?

Also there is no option for H1 and H2 tags in prestashop backend.. How can this be resolved? - for better SEO.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Managed to solve the issues.

H1 and H2 tags are by default in the HOME TEXT EDITOR MODULE.

Hello

i have the same issues with most of the prestashop installations and the home page results in google have the block cart zero products and zero amount

i also added on the home page the home text editor but after many days and google re-crawl the results are still bad

and this does not only apply to the home page but it happens for the vategory pages as well.

pls see my post on help desk. Believe it is a generic prestashop bug as the default theme curries the same problem and all theme developers follow the default theme

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/345664-prestashop-15-and-16-seems-to-have-fundamental-seo-issues-on-home-page/?do=findComment&comment=1746570