can i remove 1.6 and go back to 1.5.6 as i have business to do tonight! HELP

I am trying to work out how to do this mate, I am in my Cpanel but nothing says rollback or uninstall

can you help

I cant log in to the 1.6 back office it just shows me a new page when I enter my password

Hmm, you would have to be able to login to the back office to be able to get to the roll back, it is part of the upgrade module. If you want to send over your cpanel access through a pm, I can see why you cannot log in to the shop and fix it. 

too much customer date to hand over mate

can you not just tell me what you would do?

as literally I am on the back office login page - surely all you do is the same as me, enter username and password and go hmmm strange.

the cpanel I am in now waiting for someone to tell me where to look for details! I have to to uninstall and downgrade to 1.5.6 but there is no option anywhere to do so :(

Ok, more than likely you have tried to reset the password, so you cannot reset it again for a while.

What I would is create an account in the front of the shop and have the address be password. Then I would log into phpmyadmin from cpanel. I would find that account in the customers table of the database. Look for the password column, and copy the password. Then find the ps_employees table and find your account in there. Overwrite the password with the one you just copied. That way the new admin password will be password. Then login to the back office and change the password to something more secure.

If you just upgraded, do all of this in a browser in incognito mode, because you might be having an issue with the new cookies. 

it was incognito mode causing the issue, thanks.

im in back office now - extremely slow. where is this rollback option for 1.5.6 I really don't like the new 1.6 already :(

wish I had never clicked update, wasted about 4 hours tonight :(

thanks for the cookie hint.