How to manually set a product to new?

Hi

Does anyone know if a module is available for shop owner to change a product to new or not?

As standard Prestashop has several days where a new added product will be shown as new, but is there a module that can disable this config and let the shopowner deside if the product is new or not?

It should be for Prestashop 1.5.

how featured product is connected to new products block? lol? :P

the only one way to achieve it at the moment is modification of database, where you can define new value of date_add field in ps_product_shop

new products block is based on this field.

• Thanks 1

Hi Vekia,

I am not connecting new product with Featured. But as initial requirement of Anders he want to assign it manually... so i suggested to use featured product.

Also for me database updation is not correct way because it is not necessary that Admin(Client of Anders) will be technical & he will not be able to modify direct mysql tables. Being a developer i will never suggest this way.

If he don't want to use featured product module for New products then he can do coding by adding a field in table say "newProduct (Y/N)" & from admin panel he can add a attribute for product "Set New Product = Yes/No".

Let me suggest if i am wrong.

Great guys. As far as I can understand, the only way to do it as easy for my customer as possible, is to get a developer to make a module for this function.

I will see if it's possible to make and maybe turn back with a module ;-) Thanks a lot untill now!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...