Main navigation menu does not expand and collapse

Hi all,

I just upgraded prestashop 1.5 to 1.6.0.6. I have the following problems that all appear to be related:

• When I restrict the screen size to mobile size, the main navigation menu collapses, but will not expand on clicking
  • The slideshow directly underneath does not work at all (conflict?)
  • Seperately on a CMS page I also have another slider using my own code. This is not working either.

Further, on comparing my store to the Prestashop demo here, my menu <ul> tag is missing the following classes - sf-js-enabled sf-arrows. Is javascript somewhere dsabled on my store?

Please can any one help, I have been going crazy over this one.

Site - http://harmonybyearthwinds.ca

Much appreciated.

Edited by jeyjoo (see edit history)

I have the same problem with the menu bar and posted a simular question a half hour ago.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/334121-blocktopmenu-not-working-with-smallmobile-view/

I think we both have modified a file that has impact on the function of the module Blocktopmenu. It drives me crazy the whole day. 

Tried to find what file is causing this, but no luck so far.

I hope someone knows where we can find how this menu bar collapses.

@ jeyjoo your blocksearch.js is throwing some errors. I don't see it on your site either. Try to disable blocksearch and see if problem persist

Dioniz . Thanks so much - so simple yet so hard to spot. Can I ask how you debugged the error?

Disabling the module solves the issue. But what actually caused it - I had unhooked the bock search from displayHeader (yet it was still hooked in elsewhere).

Thanks again

@jeyjoo You are welcome.

I am using FF and Firebug addon and it showed me there's error with blocksearch.js file. If you are using Chrome you have Developers Tools built in Chrome.

Problem was probably in unhooking it from displayHeader and left it elsewhere.

Hook displayHeader is not visual hook. It is loading .js and .css files. So probably some of the files was calling .js file but it wasn't present because you unhooked it.

If you want to turn off module it is better idea to disable it or uninstall it.