Blocktopmenu not working with small(mobile) view

Hello,

I am tweaking the default theme to fit for my needs.

Now i discovered that when i narrow the with of my browser or look at my mobile phone the Blocktopmenu does not expand.

You can look at my testsite www.renekuenen.nl/webshop and narrow the browser so it displays the + sign in the topmenu. Then try to click on the category bar. Nothing happens.. :(

With all my tweeks i rename the original file in xxxOLD.xxx and then save the new file for rollback purposes. Since i don't know when this fault slipped in i'm trying for many hours to find what the problem causes. I rolled back all the xOLD.xxx files i could find, including the ones that are outside the theme but my topmenu never expands.

It could be that i accidentally saved a modified file before renaming it, or something else goes wrong.

I have no idea witch file(s) are responsible for the expansion of the top menu in a small screen.

When i switch to the default theme the topmenu works fine, but when i go back to my theme it messes up my theme, but the topmenu is still not working.

These files i know that i have been modified:

/mytheme/

order-carrier.tpl

product.tpl

/mytheme/css

category.css

global.css

product.css

Who can tell me what file i should look for to solve my problem?

I know what you mean René ;)

I see a blank page too.

If you only changed those files i would bet on global.css. But i'm still a baby when it comes to bootstrap.

Try replacing only those, by ftp one by one, with the original bootstrap files.

This file is present.

I looked in the default theme and noticed that it was slightly differend, so i copyed the file from the default theme to my theme. This didn't change anything. When i delete this file the drop down is not working at all, so i'm in the right direction i think.

In the theme's global.css i added the line: #block_top_menu ul li li ul {display:none!important;}  to limit the subcategory dropdown. I tried to remove this but again no change.

Does it help for you when i turn of CCC?

This is what i do so you may try again.

• use the default blockmenu.js in my theme
  • comment out the line in the global.css
  • turn off CCC

I have just posted a similar topic, 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/334337-sub-menu-goes-missing-when-javascript-smart-cache-option-on/

I have also tested what you are saying and I am also getting your problem that I missed. However when I turn Javascript  Smart Cache option OFF My problem is solved and I see sub-menu and when reduced in size I can click + and it opens the categories. 

Hope this helps, but still needs a fix for Javascript  Smart Cache

Update  :( :

When i rename the default theme to my-theme (rename my-theme first..) Nothing changes at the front.

When i choose in the backoffice the default theme it ask me what modules to install or not to install. After that ,as mentioned before, the blocktopmenu works good. If i want to switch back to my-theme it asks the same module question and when i continue the blocktopmenu works perfect, but my theme is 80% back to the default theme.

Why can't i simply switch theme's as in version 1.5.x?

I also tried to select the default theme, then make a db backup. Rollback the theme switch, and import the db backup.

Unfortunedly then the whole site goes blank. (500 error)

I'm pretty much near a brain meltdown :wacko:

• 3 months later...