PayPal Express Checkout

Hi,

I've never used express checkout by paypal before, so forgive me if I'm being naive.  I set up the express checkout so the button appears on the product pages and cart. 

Now my shop is Canadian and charges taxes and shipping on orders.  Does this mean a customer has to have an account created AND signed in before they can use express checkout?  I notice that I can click on the express checkout directly from a product page and I can sign into my paypal and pay for the product and it doesn't include taxes and shipping... this is dangerous!

Anyway, please let me know the deal behind paypal express checkout.  I'm going to need taxes and shipping charged on every order, so if that's not possible using paypal express then I will disable it.  Thanks

Yeah sounds bad. I wonder if there is a solution. My 1.6 is not showing the express paypal anywhere. I wonder if it can be set to show after shipping estimator country and state/province are added! Would that make it work?

I have the same problem as JoeCoolio66: if I offer checkout express, no shipping cost is applied. I wanted to edit my preferencies in PayPal to add there some basic shipping costs in my account (under profile/more options/Selling options...no way,the form is there but not responding to changes.  A PayPal assistant tried to help me to do so, without success. Anyone has succeeded to offer checkout express without pain or loosing money? Thanks in advance.

On the other hand,I have a weird problem with PayPal lattest module on version 1.6. I select the option "Use Standard payments" and then inthe"inner" configuration, I select "Use checkout express button". ( or just tell me if I need to open a new thread for this)

This is what  I get: PayPal as a normal payment method dissapears while Checkout Express button is still there,and viceversa. The two payment options will never be available at the same time! If so, why PayPal module offers you to activate both methods at a time?

Edited by nutxlago (see edit history)