Is it me or does PS suck when it comes to digital/virtual products

As the number of digital/virtual products increases one would expect that e-commerce systems would embrace this and increase their support for digital sales, however, PrestaShop seems to be the exception.

There is scant support for digital download, if all you want to do is sell one file then fine, but is you want combinations, or bundles or give away free downloads, then PrestaShop fails to meet expectations.

I've tried over the past month to work with digital downloads and PS but only with lots of custom coding.

Anyone agree that PS needs to be more virtual product friendly? 

As the number of digital/virtual products increases one would expect that e-commerce systems would embrace this and increase their support for digital sales, however, PrestaShop seems to be the exception.

There is scant support for digital download, if all you want to do is sell one file then fine, but is you want combinations, or bundles or give away free downloads, then PrestaShop fails to meet expectations.

I've tried over the past month to work with digital downloads and PS but only with lots of custom coding.

Anyone agree that PS needs to be more virtual product friendly? 

You are correct about the virtual products with combinations and improving the virtual products functionality is on the roadmap for new releases. 

I do believe that many Ecommcerce solutions paid and free actually don't allow virtual products at all. What other alternatives have you tried? 

• 2 months later...

You are correct about the virtual products with combinations and improving the virtual products functionality is on the roadmap for new releases. 

I do believe that many Ecommcerce solutions paid and free actually don't allow virtual products at all. What other alternatives have you tried? 

Magento CE is actually quite competitive in comparison to PS, and it handles virtual products better, allowing for combination, sample images.

• 5 months later...