A few (probably) basic questions!

Hello!

I just started with prestashop and so far I'm really happy with it!

A few questions though;

First of all, whenever I enter my website "example.com" I don't get to my Prestashop website, I only get to a blank page. I need to add /prestashop to the end to actually get into the shop, is there any way around this? 

Ex. Instead of having to enter "example.com/prestashop" I only want to have to enter "example.com" to get to the same site.

Question 2;

This is probably very basic, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the standard language. English is currently the main language, and I can't seem to change it. I have another language aswell, which works fine, but it's not the "default" language!

I will probably come up with more questions as I keep on going, but for now I think this is it!

Thanks in advance,

Zandman.

(P.S I hope I put this in the right forum)

A few questions though;

First of all, whenever I enter my website "example.com" I don't get to my Prestashop website, I only get to a blank page. I need to add /prestashop to the end to actually get into the shop, is there any way around this? 

you just installed prestashop in /prestashop subdirectory

am I right?

you just installed prestashop in /prestashop subdirectory

am I right?

Yes, exactly. I used Filezilla to upload it to the server. 

Do I need to redirect trafic somehow or is it possible to adjust it?

EDIT: I guess I could ask here right away. If I want to change text/images that are default on the theme, how do I go about doing this?

Do I need to use a third party software such as dreamweaver for this? Can't seem to find any options to change text in the admin controller.

EDIT2: I just made my website redirect automatically to prestashop. However, I would still love some feedback on how to edit a theme. Is dreamweaver a good option?

Edited by zandman (see edit history)

Disregard my last post, I found out how to change most things using the modules (silly me..).

One question though, in my website (bluebonfire.com) I still have the top horizontal bar there, with the "Women, Dresses, T-Shirts" and so forth. What I don't really understand is how I change these? 

I'm guessing I should use the "Top Horizontal Menu" module, however, I find it hard to use. I was able to add a new Link, but how do I add a drop down menu?

If I want to add a menu called ex. "Electronics" and have 3 under menus called "Computers, Phones and Cameras" how would I go about doing so?

Thanks in advance!

this is menu module, contents of this module you can define under modules > modules tab in your back office

search for "blocktopmenu" and on module configureation page you will see form to manage menu items.

menu displays categories that you've got in your store under catalog > categories.

this is menu module, contents of this module you can define under modules > modules tab in your back office

search for "blocktopmenu" and on module configureation page you will see form to manage menu items.

menu displays categories that you've got in your store under catalog > categories.

Thank you!

Now.. One last question. The slider on the frontpage has some really strange text over it "

EXCEPTEUR

OCCAECAT

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin tristique in tortor et dignissim."

Any idea how to delete or change this?

Thanks again!

T

In BO go to Modules and find Image slider for your homepage

Click Configure and then Edit at image. There you can change or delete text.

I was so sure I had been there, but obviously I was wrong.

Thank you very much!