MULTISTORE - Can you run more than one store using one SSL?

I would like to know if it is possible to use the same checkout for multiple stores, therefore using the ssl for that cart (and domain) without buying a super duper expensive multi SSL cert?

Otherwise, i might as well just install a second PS for each store because nothing is shared customer,product or category wise between the stores i need to build and buy a ssl for each.

Thanks!

Kent

So all of the stores need to be in the same domain. but have subdomains maybe for each store? I read something about virtual url and that went WAY over my head. Can I have the virtual URL spoof the domain to whatever???

Kent

As far as I know you will need a separate ssl certificate for any other domain no matter if it has an own directory or if it is virtually mapped. A subdomain would need an own SSL certificate too. There are other certificates around that support more than one domain but this is a matter of how much you want to invest I suppose.

If your other stores are in subfolders (not subdomains) you won't need other certificates.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)