Multishop with multidomains does not work

Emilll

Hi.

Today we have a store called hamburgerpress.se. This one is hosted on a webbhotel called one.com. We bought the domain and everything from there. Recently we got the idea to start a second project, so we bought the domain www.koksredskap.com from the same supplier but without a webbhotel since we wanted to use the multishop feature.

I read all the information about how to do this, and started to set up the multistore fearture.

I have done this according to the attached pictures CapturePrestashop and CapturePrestashop2.

First of all, is this correct?

Because I have tried to "point" the domain name to my webbhotel, but when i search on www.koksredskap.com I land on my old page www.hamburgerpress.se but with the new adress.

post-719371-0-01808600-1400760215_thumb.png

post-719371-0-43763300-1400760293_thumb.png

Hi,

Our webhost does not have cPanel. they have their own controlpanel. Is there another way to do this?

They can help me but they need to know what to do.

Please, any help is greatly appriciated.

• 2 weeks later...

your web alias did not work, it's not a true alias in respect of plesk.  Your issue is not with PrestaShop but with setting up your DNS.  If you contacted your hosting as suggested and they did not make this work for you then consider changing hosting.

you should also consider posting in 'paid section' to get someone to help you through this.

Hi Emilll

Not sure if my problem is the same as yours.

My main shop is working my my multistore is not. I just moved everything to one.com and pointed the nameservers to there.

Did you manage to fix yours?

Thanks!

Hi

Nope, i can´t get it to work and one.com is just saying they need more information on how to point the domain, they don´t use plesk or cpanel, they have their own DNS system.

So if no1 here can explain further on how to point the domain we are stuck with either changing hosting or changing, so the question is what "happends" when you park the domain in cpanel och plesk, if I can figure that out, one.com would probaly help me.

Otherwise I´m stuck...

Well one.com is actually realy good apart from this, been using them for years and we have several domains at their hosting. Never had any issues with them and they are cheap.

Changing is not what we wan´t, we wan´t to solve this.

But guess I have to search for answers somewhere else, sad thing is that they can probaly help me if they just know how to point it.

Well one.com is actually realy good apart from this, been using them for years and we have several domains at their hosting. Never had any issues with them and they are cheap.

Changing is not what we wan´t, we wan´t to solve this.

But guess I have to search for answers somewhere else, sad thing is that they can probaly help me if they just know how to point it.

well tell them to google 'cpanel park' or' plesk alias'

this was explained in post dated May 22.

here is the thing I think problem with your hosting.  Good hosting control panels  charge a fee for hosting to use.  Host charges us for the control panel.

This is probably how your hosting can be so cheap.

That being said, many are moving to the cloud for nearly free service that is easy to grow as business grows.

http://blog.dh42.com/prestashop-cloud/

I played only shortly with cloud reviewed by dh42, and I loved it.  I pay 80.00 USD + per month for VPS.  I plan on moving to cloud in near future.

Thanks for your answers El Patron, just got one more, it shouldnt be a problem if we just move the domain right? We can still use the webbhotell on Site A and just move domain B to another host that has C-panel, that way we should be able to use prestashop as before? Or am I wrong?

And ftlrs, then it wouldnt be a multishop, just two shops =)

Edited by Emilll (see edit history)