Left column on CMS pages

I know this has been covered on other threads but I can't seem to get my head round it.

How do I get the left column to display on my CMS pages? Enabling it on the theme/appearance of columns settings doesn't make any difference (even when cache is cleared).

Any help greatfuly appreciated.

i think that you Alexander pasted wrong link?

enable left column like i show here:

but instead of "product" anable it for "cms" pages.

also, go to modules > positions and search for "displayLeftColumn" modules list

click on edit button near each module attached to this section, make sure that there is no exceptions related to CMS pages

Hi Vekia

Thanks for the video. This is exactly as I was doing previously and for some reason doesn't have any effect on the CMS pages. Also tried turning left column on for products (as a test) but it doesn't show their either.

The modules > positions suggestion only effect pages that have the left column showing already. Turning the exceptions off for cms doesn't make the column appear, unfortunately.

I am guessing Alex's link was just an example of how it looks when working. This is exactly what I want to achieve.

may i know what modules you've got associated with left column?

im asking because not every module has got possiblity to display inside left column on several pages

for example layered block navigation can't be displayed there, the same with categories block.

perhaps you've got only modules like these two, so this is why you dont see left column, even if with exceptions everything is allright

Hi Vekia,

i think that you Alexander pasted wrong link?

enable left column like i show here:

but instead of "product" anable it for "cms" pages.

also, go to modules > positions and search for "displayLeftColumn" modules list

click on edit button near each module attached to this section, make sure that there is no exceptions related to CMS pages

my link with disabled left column, sorry for my poor description. I think `Geoff1066` have very strange issue that doesn't connect with native Prestashop code. There may be issue related with any custom module, consequences of PS version upgrade or something else, and very difficult help without view the code and DB  :(

Success, but I don't know how!

I removed absolutely all exceptions from the left column and it shows. Then added them back and it still shows. Very strange, but it's working so i'm not touching it anymore.

Thanks for your help. This forum is invaluable :)