SQL Automated price and quantity update

cheekymang

I am looking for someone to help me implement an automated way to update the following in a 1300 product prestashop store on 1.5.3.1.

Quantity

Price

Reduced Price (nearly 95% of products)

That is all that is needed to be updated. I don't want to do it with the prestashop csv import, I would like it automated through the back end.

The setup:

I have a CSV sheet that can get exported from my store POS system. It has all the required fields to do the job and the information needed.

I custom built a filemaker system with a friend that creates a final set of CSV sheets (regular and combination)  to do this update, but as we all know CSV importing sucks in prestashop.
CSV importing is slow, needs split sheets and I also have to truncate the ps_specific_price every time I update the stock due to a prestashop bug (it adds a new price reduction every time you update)

It is an unworkable solution to do this every day.

It works but it takes far to long. My SQL skills are not good so looking for an SQL/PHP dev who could assist.

Notes:

- My store POS can generate and send its sheet to an FTP automatically.

- I do have some items that always need to be available if not in the shop (shop says 0 needs to be 1 we can discuss this)

- My dream is that the POS sends the CSV to the FTP, the data gets converted and it then goes to my database and updates the three fields.

Please feel free to quote on what you would like to be paid to do this via message.

All i ask is you have a proper history of doing this kind of work, a thorough knowledge of how to do this and for us to be able to communicate easily enough in english. I am in Australia.

Cheers and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for your response.

I suspect some sort of a reference match would be used to do this? Yes we can 

Admin page: This sounds cool. Would there be a way so that a product that we always want to have 1 in stock of (because we can always get it from the supplier) could permanently stay at 1 and be highlighted in some way, and would combination products be ok?

Yes we can set 1  permanently