create links to internal pages (products, categories etc.)

Hello Prestashop Forum,

i'm comming from Typo3 world and have general question about internal linking in Prestashop. In Typo3 i'm used to have the option to decide between "internal" and "external" pages. While linking to internal pages Typo3 takes care about the correct generation of URL's. By that friendly URL's (realURL) are automaticaly updated if pagetitle/pagepath changes.

I know that the described option is based on a pagetree concept which Prestashop does'nt have. But I was wondering if Prestashop has as similar concept? So far i've only seen input field's for inserting full/absolute URL's by hand (e.g. in the standard slideshow module of PS1.6). Mayby i'm blind? Maybe there's an extra module for that? If there is not such a option/module, how to keep URL's up to date efficiently?

I just simply want to set a link (eg. from the cmstext) to a product, a category or tag.

Best regards

Jan

prestashop creates these links automatically

you can use Link object to generate these links

(classes/Link.php)

you can find there various functions to generate links to each kind of page in prestashop, for example:

$link->getCmsLink(2);

$link->getProductLink(4);

this simple code will generate link automatically, no matter if you run store with friendly links or not.

prestashop creates these links automatically

you can use Link object to generate these links

(classes/Link.php)

you can find there various functions to generate links to each kind of page in prestashop, for example:

$link->getCmsLink(2);

$link->getProductLink(4);

this simple code will generate link automatically, no matter if you run store with friendly links or not.

Hi vekia,

big thanks for your tip. So this means there is no "standard" way in the back office? They way you described implies php knowledge which normal content editors usually dont have.

Best regards

Jan